When you suspect a gas line leak in your home, rest easy knowing you can call the experts at First Choice Plumbing Solutions. Our trained gas line experts in Gainesville, FL know exactly what to look for and how to diagnose gas line leaks. In addition to gas pipe leak repair, we are also an expert water leak detection company. Using some of the most advanced techniques in the industry, we will efficiently locate the leak and offer a quick and thorough solution.
What's more? We're proud to offer same-day leak detection as well as repairs. In fact, we're the only plumber in town to carry out both detection and repair on the same day you call.
Signs You Have a Gas Line Leak
Diagnosing gas line leaks is a difficult task if you don’t know what to look for. Fortunately, many of the signs and symptoms of a gas leak are easy to spot. Some of the most significant signs that make gas line leak detection services easier include:
- Smelling Rotten Eggs: Gas is a colorless, odorless fume, which is why gas companies put an additive in it to make it smell rancid to humans.
- Hissing Sounds: A rip or tear in the gas line will result in a hissing sound coming from the line as gas escapes.
- Dead Grass: Brown grass and dead vegetation in your yard around the gas line is also a sure sign of a gas leak. The gas contaminates the ground and results in vegetation turning brown and dying.
Add extra savings to your next call with our exclusive online coupons and special offers.
Advanced Water Leak Detection Services
At First Choice Plumbing Solutions, we use some of the most advanced techniques to help with plumbing leak repair services. Some of the most common leak detection methods we use include:
- Meter Testing: A special tool is used to measure the water pressure in your home. We compare the results to a healthy pipe to uncover any problems.
- Dig and Drill: This invasive method digs and drills into your wall or floor to expose the leak. It’s great in situations when the time is a factor.
- Infrared Cameras: Using an infrared camera, we take multiple pictures of the pipe at different angles to locate the leak.
Read our most recent reviews and comments from people who have worked with us in the past to find out what it’s really like to work with us.